[official US Navy photograph
[photo courtesy of John Loonam]
Don & LaVon DeCrona
Permanent duty stations while an officer.
1. Naval Mine Engineering Facility, Yorktown, VA
2. Mobile Mine Assembly Team 0321, Yorktown, VA
3. U.S. Naval Air Facility, Naha, Okinawa
4. U.S. Naval Ordnance Facility, Yokosuka, Japan
5. U.S. Naval Magazine, Subic Bay, Philippines
6. Staff-Commander Mine Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet, Long Beach, CA.
7. Staff-Commander Mine Flotilla THREE, Long Beach, CA.
8. U.S. Naval Advisory Group, Vietnam
9. U.S. Naval Ammunition Depot, Hawthorne, NV
Does not include TAD assignments, schooling before reporting to NMEF and to Vietnam, or various positions held at a command.
Re-enlistment time at MOMAT 0321
[DDM-12] LTJG Don DeCrona administers the re-enlistment oath to MN3 Nolan Lalley, 29 April 1964.
[DDM-13] MN1 Patrick L. Reagan congratulated by LT DeCrona on 11 August 1965.
[DDM-14] MN1 James A. Manning signs up for another four years by LT DeCrona, 3 August 1965.
[DDM-15] MN3 Roland D.Van Wey re-enlists for another four year tour, 15 September 1965.
[DDM-17] MN2 George L. Stansell congratulated on re-enlistment by LT DeCrona, 18 November 1965.
[DDM-16] MN2 Eugene F. Hall congratulated by LT DeCrona
for his re-enlistment for 6 years, 15 September 1965
[DDM-18] Three Minemen take the oath of re-enlistment from LT DeCrona on 23 December 1965.
[Photos courtesy of Don DeCrona except as noted]
Send Photos and help us share your memories with your fellow shipmates.
Hartshorn - ©2009-present