HARTSHORNs of the Ohio Valley
A speculative study on the
origin of one or more
The following Hartshorns are the focus of this study:
1. John (~1714-1795) Lt. John, m. 1733, Elizabeth Spry, Queen Anne’s Co. MD. Died in Kent Co. MD.
2. William HARTSHORN, m. Mary Oldson, Queen Anne's Co., MD. No other records.
3. George HARTSHORN (c1750-c1829) m1 Priscilla __?___, m2 Hannah (OLDHAM) JOHNSTON/JOHNSON,
of Kent Co., MD, SouthWest PA, Jefferson Co., OH.
4. James(?) HARTSHORN (abt 1775-?), m. Ann Meridith. Kent Co., DE to Monroe/Belmont Cos., OH.
2. George HARTSHORN (1752-?), England to Kent Co., DE (current data is largely speculative)
A project has been initiated to research the Hartshorns who resided on Delaware and Maryland prior to 1810. It appears that these same families migrated to SE Ohio, becoming one of the greatest concentrations of Hartshorns in the USA.
If you would like to participate in this study, please contact me.
COPIES OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS
Derick S. Hartshorn - ©